Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pinterest FTW! Visit My Collection To See Why!

Hi guys! Welcome back to my blog again! In my final post for the week, I am going to share with you my small curated collection of useful resources that you can utilize to prepare for a marathon race. I am an avid runner, and am currently training for my first ever marathon. Yes! Does that sound exciting to you? Or scary at the thought of running a marathon? The task is certainly daunting, considering that the longest distance I had ever covered was the half-marathon. Hence, the preparation phase is extremely important, and we can definitely make use of the extensive lists of online resources to help us get in shape, and complete a marathon with success!

Well, with this in mind, I am here to help you achieve your goals, especially if you are a beginner and aspire to run a marathon in the near future. For this purpose, I will be sharing the resources via Pinterest, and the link to my Resource Board is:


Alternatively you can also search and access it via my profile, available on our course EME6414 Board in Pinterest.



For a start, I had pinned a few very basic resources that you can read, follow and begin with: training plans, essential stretches, meal plans, and some essential tips to take note of. These should really get you started on it, and I will also be updating the Board with more essential resources as the days go by.

So if you are training for a marathon as well, I hope these resources will be useful for your endeavor.

If you are a runner but has not decided if you want to run a marathon, I hope this collection can motivate you to do so.

If you are not a runner, I really hope this can inspire you enough to give it a try in future!

So I do hope you can take a look at my Board, ask questions or leave a comment for me! Much appreciated!






4 comments:

  1. Thank you!! I wish I had this board before I ran my first marathon! I relied on the tips of my friends and family, as well as a running blogger who shared tips for surviving the particular race I was running. I spent a lot of time just googling, and with trial and error! I love the 12 week guide - super easy to print out and cross off the days after you complete them.

    When are you running your marathon and where? Some of my best tips: always put vaseline on your toes before you put your socks on - prevents toe blisters which are the worst! Also, try out a variety of gu's/gel's etc. when you're training! I realized I could only stomach certain flavors, and then I brought those specific ones for race day. Marathons are so exciting! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, yes I am planning to run either in the California Int'l Marathon or the Dallas Marathon, both in Dec this year. I am taking a little bit more time for training instead of the prescribed 12-week plan as I want to try to go for a good timing :) And yes moisturising is extremely important to prevent blisters!

      There are indeed many different training programs available online, but an important tip that I learned is to listen to your body more often rather than just following the plan blindly. Hence, like you mentioned trial and error, I think that is part and parcel of the learning process...

      Delete
  2. I don't run but I like the mental preparation you included in this. Great addition beyond the usual physical suggestions. Yayyyy! for you. I hope you do well. Post your time when you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophia. Indeed, I believe that conquering a marathon is more mental than physical, as affirmed by many people who had gone through the process. So, do you see yourself running a marathon ever in your life? :)

      Delete